The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and application of oxygen, airway management devices and automated external defibrillators during resuscitation, as well as the administration of oxygen to conscious and unconscious victims.
Key Course Outcomes:
- respond to an emergency situation
- perform primary (DRSABCD) and secondary (vital signs) assessment of a victim
- perform advanced resuscitation, including use of oxygen equipment, oropharyngeal airways and suction
- communicate details of an incident
- complete documentation
- evaluate an incident and your own performance
- restore equipment ready for use.
AssessmentAssessment is through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing effectively in scenarios. It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
AccreditationUnits of competency for this course include HLTAID007 (Provide advanced resuscitation). In addition, the award may also be aligned to PUAEME003C (Administer oxygen in an emergency situation) and PUAOPE010C (Operate an automated external defibrillator in an emergency situation).
ValidityOne (1) year from date of course. Proficiency sessions will be provided each year by the club.
- Be at least 15 years of age on the date of final assessment
- Be a financial member of an SLS club.
Varies throughout the year.
Want to know more? Click to view scheduled courses in the calendar.