We recently had 2 members of Trigg Island SLSC travel to Riccione, Italy, to compete in the Lifesaving World Championships.
Jake Smith and Harrison Hynes were the only 2 members of the 12-person squad from Western Australia (a huge feat in itself considering the strength of our sport in WA)
Jake, walked away from the tournament with:
– 5 Gold Medals ( 50m Manikin Carry, 100m Rescue Medley, 12.5m Line Throw, 4x50m Medley Relay, 4x50m Mixed Lifesaver Relay)
– 1 silver (Obstacle Relay)
– 1 bronze (4x25m Manikin Carry Relay)
Whilst Harrison came away with:
– 3 Gold (12.5m Line Throw, 4x50m Medley Relay, 4x50m Mixed Lifesaver Relay)
– 1 bronze (4x25m Manikin Carry)
Jake’s 50m Manikin carry was an absolute standout performance for the week when he finished the race ahead of the pack, and only 0.9seconds off the World Record!!!
This impressive haul by our dynamic WA duo helped the Australian Team take out their second consecutive World Championships, over rival nation New Zealand, with a combined points total of 951, 150 points ahead of the Kiwis.
A huge congratulations to our WA boys, Trigg Island SLSC is extremely proud of your achievements and we all cannot wait to see you and your new shiny pool room additions in the coming future (After a much-needed rest of course)